Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A writing and RP group based on ElfQuest.

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP Scenario and Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Westering Holt
Holt Mistress

Character sheet
Elf Name:
Position in Tribe:

RP Scenario and Questions Empty
PostSubject: RP Scenario and Questions   RP Scenario and Questions EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Role Play Forums » 13,398 Season of Hot Sun: Grass, Grass, Everywhere, and Not a Tree in Sight » RP Scenario and Questions
http://westeringholt.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rp3&action=display&thread=330
Post by Anna on May 10, 2009, 11:18pm

New RP time!

In the first RP, the tribe split from the parent tribe.

In the second RP, Stormfire had led her branch of the tribe west, following the river that ran close to their home holt. After encountering the rubble of Blue Mountain and being gifted with the miniature egg, Stormfire backtracked a night's ride, then headed southwest, away from the river.

In the skipped RP, two days after leaving Blue Mountain, the elves ride into a glen that obviously served as a holt for elves before. Their magic still lingers in the faintest of traces, and some of the trees were obviously shaped by elfin magic.

After four days of resting, the elves moved on, continuing south and west. Two days later, the trees came to an end and rolling grasslands stretched before them. Waterskins were filled to bursting and the elves struck out.

For seven days they've traveled across the tall, golden grass of the plains. Water is scarce, and it has been three days since they last found a stream or pond. There's not a tree in sight, and the Wolfriders - forest-dwellers to the core - are feeling very exposed and uncomfortable. Not to mention, thirsty and hungry!

We're currently in the middle of the season of hot sun.

At the end of the RP, we'll be seeing trees and water again, but before you RP seeing them, wait for either Kris or I to signal that they're in sight - or you get a PM from one of us tell you that one of your characters can post it.

Post any questions in this thread - and have fun!

Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by Anna on Jun 12, 2009, 7:57am

Meimei, Peachbug, once the boys get back from hunting we'll fast forward the At the River thread to around midnight, which is when the Wolfriders would be arriving. Unless there's something you want to accomplish in the thread before that...?

Post by peachbug on Jun 12, 2009, 10:16am

Sounds good to me. I might be late in posting in the next two days, so if you need Starpath to do something or say something, feel free to act in my place. My internet connectivity might be iffy.Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by multifacets on Jun 12, 2009, 8:31pm

Why'd we skip finding the old holt? I thought that was gonna be a really cool part of the journey. :(Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by Anna on Jun 12, 2009, 9:58pm

I thought we'd rather get to the new holt, and after all the time lost when I moved, it seemed that was one RP we could skip over.

But we could still do it, in a flashback, after we get to the new holt. Smile Maybe telling stories to the Wavedancers during the winter? Smile

Post by multifacets on Jun 12, 2009, 11:48pm

That might be interesting. Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by Anna on Jun 17, 2009, 7:03pm

Kudos to Peachbug for jumping right on the tangential thread idea! Very Happy

Post by peachbug on Jun 17, 2009, 10:05pm

Thanks? :)Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by peachbug on Jun 17, 2009, 10:05pm

It was a great admin idea, I just ran with it.Re: RP Scenario and Questions
Post by Anna on Jun 17, 2009, 10:22pm

Sometimes folks are hesitant to break ground on a new idea. Smile

Post by Anna on Jun 21, 2009, 1:14am

Well, the plan was to get the Wolfriders to the river and that would be the end of the RP. Smile They're at the river and they're settling...so we'll let it wind up for another week or so then close the RP. Feel free to continue tangential threads in the Open RP section, if you like.

After we close this thread, we'll move right into the next Wolfrider RP - where they actually, finally reach Westering Bay!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1